Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Of becoming a professional...

It's really official! God is good!
So last Sunday, September 9, we finally had the oathtaking for the newly licensed physical and occupational therapists in Manila Hotel. This was one of the occasions where one gets giddy because of course, who doesn't want to finally get hold of their professional license after almost a month of passing? Well, I was giddy, but I was technically late, which really sucked. Good thing there was one parking slot left just in front of the hotel.

Seeing more than a thousand people inside the ballroom got me confused where to go, and knowing that we were only 10 from our school made it harder for me to look for my other colleagues (oh yes!). Thankfully, I found them right away. Our guest speaker was renowned comedian Ai Ai delas Alas. At first I thought that her speech would be all comedy, and we even wondered why she was the guest of honor. It was also funny that she thought of that herself. During the whole speech though, she invited the parents of the board passers to stand up and us to cheer for them, for they were the reason we were in this phase in life. It also turned out that she was a patient advocate and supported charities that had therapists. It wasn't the best speech, but it was a speech where we were able to relate to, and that was good for me. Finally, we were able to take our oath right after!

Yay!
While the board topnotchers were being called and presented their awards, food was finally being served. We didn't really expect much since the former oath takers gave bad reviews about it. Lo and behold! As it was being given, we gave the 'meh' looks on each other. We were hungry anyway.

Worth it... NOT!
Photo by: Steph Paragas
Unfortunately, my camera died on me... again (I think I'm really unlucky with cameras). so I borrowed my classmates' cameras and went around the venue for a little while and took pictures with some of my friends.

Here's me with Shayne Tee (unofficial Top 1) and Guia Morales
Sir Marfin! Lol.
Proud Prime Movers! :)
EAC PT/OT represent!
Photo by: Giselle Cruz
Towards the end of the program, we didn't really know what was happening already since we were busy taking pictures of each other and going outside the hall to pick up our licenses. We didn't really care anymore anyway; furthermore, I had to go as soon as it was finished because I had to catch up with my cousin's first birthday celebration.

It wasn't really the prestigious event we had hoped for, but the essence was what we were after. When I held my license card, it got me thinking: This is really it! I'm holding a card, and not just any card, but my professional card! This would really be one of my most accomplished days ever (having received another good news later at night), and as I said somewhere, I couldn't help but think of what I have exactly done to receive blessings upon blessing. But I am definitely thankful to the Guy above, and of course, to my family and friends, and especially to Cocoy, who sticked with me through the high and especially through the low times. I promise to take care of this precious thing and would not do anything to lose it.

And so, a new chapter begins for me and for my new colleagues! I'm thankful I found employment easily. I do hope I get to stay long enough with it. Haha! Sorry this was such a crappy blog post. I have been bored out of my wits for these past few days. Or maybe this is just the effect of my 'no rice diet?' Hmm.

5 comments:

  1. Aww! Congrats Ekay!!! I'm so happy that you found a job right away since it's quite hard to do that nowadays! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara! Yes, thankfully my profession is in demand now all over the world. I'm actually processing already my papers for working in the US. God willing, I may be there by end of 2013 :)

      Delete
    2. Come to New York!!!! :D I'm so excited for you i find it so amazing that you were able to pick the right path when you were in college! Ako kasi, mejo sablay hehe

      Delete
  2. Congrats ulit! :)
    Food is still not-so-scrumptious there in Manila Hotel?

    Wait, bakit unofficial top 1?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unofficial top 1 si Shayne kasi wala namang umabot ng 80% pero siya highest. Hehe.

      PS, sorry ang late ng reply haha!

      Delete