Thursday, April 18, 2013

Experiencing Mt. Pulag

I selected this post to be featured on Blog Nation. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

--


I'm on top of the world, eh!

This song from Imagine Dragons was going through me and my friends' minds while we were traversing the 7.5 km trail up the mountain. We planned this adventure four months ago, when we felt jealous over photos of the sea of clouds being posted all over Facebook and Instagram. I admit, I'm not much of an active person now. I have grown a lot bigger than I was during my athletic days, and this was a challenge I didn't know if I could handle well. I'm not much of a climber, too, as you may have read in my previous post. Ah, but what the heck. If they could do it, why couldn't we? And climb, we did.

I'll keep this post short because I wouldn't want to dwell too much on the details. I'll leave them out so you yourselves can experience saying 'ooh' and 'aah' and be surprised and appreciate the opportunity of experiencing the beauty of the Mt. Pulag when you decide to climb. I myself still can't find the exact words to describe it, and this makes want to go back again! But this I can say - no amount of tired legs can surpass the feeling of reaching the summit and appreciating the view. So, for now, let me entice you with photos that we took during our trip up to the highest peak in Luzon!

Hanging Bridge right behind Jang Jang's (where we ate and took a bath)

Topload! 


Just a little obstacle :)

"Not tired" at Camp 1


Sunset

Sunrise





With all that, we would like to thank Backpackers United, especially Deo Calumba, for hosting such an awesome trip for us! Glad to have found new friends as well. Thanks for bringing out the mountaineer in us! :)

On to the next adventure!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment